Most people use some software like uTorrent, BitTorrent, etc. to download torrent files neglecting the versatility of IDM (Internet Download Manager). Below are several methods for downloading torrents with IDM.
How to download Torrents with IDM
Download Torrent Files with IDM using BitPort
Bitport.io allows users to download files directly to a cloud account. The size of the cloud storage depends on your selected plan. Free users get 1GB of storage space while premium ones get between 30GM and 250GB. Follow the steps below:
- Visit http://bitport.io/ and create a free account.
- Verify your email address in order to gain full access to the website.
- Copy the torrent file magnetic link and paste it onto the BitPort website.
- Wait for the file to be uploaded to the server and the caching process to complete.
- Now you can access a direct download link for your torrent file.
- Click on Download and wait for the IDM dialog box to appear.
Download Torrent Files with IDM using PutDrive
- Go to http://www.putdrive.com/ and create an account.
- Upload the torrent file and wait for the caching process to complete.
- A direct link to download will appear.
- Click on the link and use the downloading torrent via IDM option.
- Save the torrent file in your desired folder and start downloading!
Download Torrent Files with IDM using Magnetic Link
In this method, you don't have to go to any external website.
- Go to any open tracker torrent sites and search for your desired thing to download.
- Go to the download page and click the Magnet Download option/button.
- A new window will pop up with a long string of text. That is the magnet link of the torrent.
- Copy the magnetic link.
- Launch IDM then go to options and click on Magnet Link.
- Paste the link you copied in the box and press OK.
- Your download will directly start with IDM.
Download Torrent Files with IDM using ZbgiZ
- Go to http://www.zbigz.com/ and create a free account.
- Copy the torrent file link you wish to download.
- Paste the link you copied in the white box and click GO.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Once finished, click the Download button to begin the download.
There are also some alternatives available including:
- Torrent Handler
The process of downloading torrent files with IDM using the above alternatives is quite similar the ones we discussed. The above methods are very easy to apply. If you have any problems, let us know in the comment section below!